Remark Office OMR 10
* indicates customer request
New Features and Enhancements:
- Fresh New Look: The interface has a fresh new look to better match modern Windows applications.
- More User Friendly Activation Process. The process of activating and transferring software licenses has been streamlined.
- Data Center:
- *Qualitative Coding on the Fly: When using Image regions with qualitative coding, you can now add and edit the list of codes right from the Data Center without having to modify the template ahead of time.
- *Updated Target Folder for Image Clips: The Target Folder that is set up to hold image clips has been updated to allow both browsing to a location and typing (or copying/pasting) a location.
- *MariaDB Support: MariaDB is now supported for exporting data through ODBC.
- Save Database Lookup Changes to New Template: When a template’s database lookup information is modified from the Data Center, you can now save those changes to a new template (as oppose to only overwriting the currently open template).*Auto Increment Record Number when Using Auto Form ID: The ability to increment record numbers across multiple open templates when using Auto Form ID was added. This feature allows you to quickly find a scanned document in any of the data files.
- *Prompt for Image During Automation: When using an automation (REZ) file, you can now set it to prompt you for an image to read, and then the software will continue to carry out any other processes defined (e.g. grading the test).
- Chain Automation Files Together: The ability to have one automation file launch another automation file was added.
- Remark Quick Stats:
- Updated Answer Keys and Survey Definition Files: Answer keys are now more flexible to allow you to reuse them after changes have been made to the corresponding template (e.g. removing or adding questions).
- More Robust Partial Credit: When grading tests and applying partial credit to a question, you can now include any combination of answer choices and associated point values.
- Support for Learning Objective Grade and Standard Answer Keys. You can now use Learning Objectives and Standard Answer keys at the same time.
- More Question Options for Standard Answer Keys: Standard keys now allow differing number of correct responses between versions for questions in the same position, and allow correct AND/OR per question per version (for questions with more than one correct response).
- *Export to Excel with Multiple Test Versions: When grading tests with multiple test versions (answer keys) you can now export reports to Excel.
- *Custom Decimal Points in Excel Export: You can set the number of decimal points to use when exporting reports to Excel.
- *All Reports are Available when Using Batches and Multiple Test Versions: When grading tests with multiple test versions (answer keys) all reports are now available when setting up a batch.
- *Automatic Splitting of the Student Grade Report: The Student Grade Report can now be split into individual student files for easy emailing and distribution.
- *Email Reports to Individual Recipients. You can now email reports to individual students. This feature is particularly useful for email student grade reports and other reports that are specific to a respondent.
- Run Multiple Report Batches at Once: The ability to chain report batches together was added, so that one batch finishes you can set off another one automatically.
- Student Statistics Report Updates: The popular Student Statistics Report was updated to be more user friendly in the order in which items are displayed. You can also show or hide the objective/subjective score columns (displayed when a subjective question is in use).
- *Ballot Response Report: A new report was added to streamline the tabulation of ballot style responses. It tabulates and displays the choices in order from highest to lowest selection.
- Template Editor:
- *Illegal Characters in Region Names: Characters that could potentially cause problems during data export are now excluded from question/region names, including: . – Period, ! – Exclamation, ‘ – Singe quote, [ – Left bracket, ] – Right bracket, , – Comma, ” – Doublequote, ( – Left paren, ) – Right paren.
- *Special Characters Excluded from Templates: Characters such as tabs and carriage returns can cause problems and are now excluded from the template. These items include: tabs, new line character, carriage return, carriage return/line feed, null character. The affected areas of the template include: template description, region name, image region default fills, question text, question names, answer labels, answer codes, blank/mult/duplicate/error return values and ID values.
- Data Center:
- Error 32811 when Reviewing Regions with Duplicate Values: An error #32811 was fixed when reviewing data that had repeating values as the answer labels.
- Digitally Filled PDF Files Not Properly Flattened When Archiving: A problem was fixed where PDF files were not properly flattened when reading digitally filled PDF files and archiving the images.
- Custom Export: A problem was fixed where the custom export experienced a lag for excessively large files.
- *Custom Export: A problem was fixed where the custom export was not saving the start line for data output.
- Remark Quick Stats:
- Opening Saved Answer Keys/Survey Definitions with Multiple Data Sets: Remark now properly opens saved answer key and survey definition files when multiple data sets are in use.
- *Non-Tabulated Regions Showing as Tabulated in Advanced Survey: A problem was fixed where non-tabulated regions appeared as though they were being tabulated in Advanced Survey due to a refresh issue.
- *Selecting Textual Questions as Subjective: A problem was fixed where you were able to select textual questions as Subjective questions in Advanced Grade. You can now change the question to numeric and set it to Subjective, but it cannot be used for Subjective if it is set to the textual data type.
- *Exporting Numeric/Textual Results with Grades: A problem was fixed where all possible columns of data appeared when exporting grade results to the textual or numeric formats.
- *Invalid Responses on Detailed Item Analysis Report: A problem was fixed where hand entered invalid responses were not being properly shown on the Detailed Item Analysis Report when exported to Excel.
- Exporting Reports to Excel with International Characters: The Excel export now supports international characters in the question names.
- Low Quality Images on Integrated Item Analysis Report: The Integrated Item Analysis Report settings were updated to set image quality to “High” for image clips.
- *Student Response Report Incorrect Highlighting: A problem was fixed where the Excel exported version of the Student Response Report incorrectly highlighted multiple responses as green (correct) when they were properly graded as incorrect.