Remark Office OMR 2014’s New Speech Recognition Feature
Remark Office OMR 2014’s new speech recognition feature can simplify entering qualitative data by using your microphone or headset to enter handwritten comments or correct exceptions. It is particularly helpful if you have Image regions on your form that have long comments. You no longer need to type them; simply read the comments into the data grid. You can also use speech recognition to quickly go through all the exceptions on the form, such as blank and multiple responses, by speaking the corrections into your microphone.
The speech recognition feature uses the Microsoft Windows build-in speech technology. When using this feature we strongly suggest you train your computer to recognize your voice in the Microsoft speech training options in the Windows Control Panel. The first time you click the Speech option, you are prompted to go through the voice training process. You can also access the training from the Remark Office OMR Preferences at any time. Make sure you have a good quality microphone as well.
How does it work?
- In the Remark Office OMR Data Center, process forms or open a data file.
- To begin speech recognition, first ensure you have a microphone attached to the computer and configured in the Windows Control panel. Then click the REVIEW button in the data header bar.
- Click the microphone next to the red END REVIEW button.
- Note: If you want to enter comments into a specific Image region, highlight the column representing the Image region before starting speech.
- If necessary, choose the exception types to review in the left task pane.
- When you are ready to start speech recognition click or say the word NEXT. Remark Office OMR locates the first exception based on the types of exceptions you are reviewing.
- If reviewing a multiple choice style question, speak the correct answer choice. You must say a valid answer choice for the question, as defined in the Labels in the template, for Remark Office OMR to record your response.
- If reviewing an image region, use the Image Viewer to read what you see on the screen.
- Note: If something is not interpreted correctly, you can place your cursor in the data header bar and re-read information.
- Click or say NEXT to continue.
- Continue in the same manner until you wish to end Review Exceptions. If you need to end reviewing early, click END REVIEW or say Finish.
- If you made changes to the data, you are prompted to save the changes. Click the Save Changes button to save your changes. Click the Discard Changes button to undo all changes made during the Review Exceptions session. Click the Cancel button to return to Review Exceptions.
The Remark Support Team